Wednesday 13 July 2011

Super Secret Double Bonus Theme Gallery!

You may remember that Kits brought it to your attention that The Great And Powerful Princess Phoe, first pony of art, had but one regret from the original Artist Training Grounds event.

What was that regret?

Never using her army of art slaves willing volunteers to draw her in a gala dress. We here at the ATG Alumni have been genetically conditioned over millennia to basically do whatever Phoe tells us, so here's 28 pictures of TG&PP Phoe in her fancy dancin' duds.



1 Atlur (So happy! -nullh)  
2 AQNichols (Ballet style shoelaces. imokaywiththis.jpg -Nullh)  
3 VirgaRainboom (Virga's first. Not his last! -Nullh)  
4 AQNichols (Nice work on the colours. For me, they really work -Nullh)  
5 Invidlord (You've got to click through for the explanation! -Nullh)  
6 Easteu (Lovely shading, and an epic bouffant! -Nullh)  
7 kitsuneymg (CYEWTNESS EYEBEAMS ENGAGE -Nullh)  
8 RydelFox (She's keen, I'll give her that -Nullh)  
9 VirgaRainboom (And most salacious entry goes to... -Nullh)  
10 Maquark (Cool feather theme! -Nullh)  
11 LittleMonster125 (Keeping it classy, here! -Nullh)  
12 JunaECBS (Elaborate! Rocking the winged hoof look -Nullh)  
13 hgraves (Fishnet, eh? -Nullh)  
14 DI-FL (Runner up salacious entry goes to... -Nullh)  
15 Rhanoa (I can hear the SQUEEEE in my head! -Nullh)  
16 egophiliac (Is it bad that I feel kinda privileged just to get to post Ego's stuff? -Nullh)  
17 MoonlightScribe (Looking demure in a full body number -Nullh)  
18 VirgaRainboom (Aaaand he's done :D Excellent commitment, brony! -Nullh)  
19 Naytree (Scroll dress is pretty cute! -Nullh)  
20 Nullh (Move along, nothing to see here -Nullh)  
21 DespisedAndBeloved (Sparkly red is a look I could totally pull off.... What? -nullh)  
22 kitsuneymg (Minty pumps could totally be a pony name -Nullh)  
23 JunaECBS (The colours are fine, chillax! -Nullh)  
24 lunarapologist (Fyeahrecolour! Love it! -Nullh)  
25 TerribleTransit (That's some fancy hair! I remember having hair *sniff* -Nullh)  
26 Prismatic-Pretzel (Oooh, gradient on the leg wrapping. Purty -Nullh)  
27 KuroiTsubasaTenshi (Good way to liven up the 'look at my dress' pose :D -Nullh)  
28 VirgaRainboom (I was wrong! Bang on the deadline, this comes in... -Nullh)  



Here's the late entrants, whom we appreciate just as much...

29 Tecknojock (Watercolours! We have awesome artists! -nullh)  

12 comments:

  1. So many awesome dress designs! Great work, everypony! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I have to agree with Lunar Apologist above. So much prettiness! (Now I feel kinda bad for not doing this.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virga Rainboom13 July 2011 at 00:28

    Great dressage, little ponies! Now maybe I can decompress from my obsession with Phoe and her dress and actually look at everypony's work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Virga Rainboom13 July 2011 at 00:41

    Thanks, Nullh, for putting up with my obsession. I really wanted to get a final Phoe in for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, last time I made specific comments I wound up hurting somepony's feelings by neglecting to mention them. I could make excuses about it being late and my not remembering to include many worthy numbers on my list of awesome, but not this time! The hay with sleep, let's get this rolling!

    1) That's a very elegant design. It's not overly complicated, and it has a nice, earthy color scheme. Also loving the 'princess in a tower' dealie.

    2) I feel a strange compulsion to go find a feather and put it in my hair.

    3) I've mentioned it to you already, but I absolutely adore that tail ornamentation. So pretty.

    4) Hey, the colored version turned out well! Shiny.

    5) The explanation for this one brought a smile to my face that's going to stay plastered there even when I go to sleep. Also, is that a banana hairclip, or am I seeing things?

    6) Goodness gracious, there's power radiating from that dress. It just looks important.

    7) Shiny shiny eyes of happy squee are go.

    8) I love how in every picture of this nature, Lyra is always looking at Phoe!Pony like, "Oh. Great. You again. Ehehehe..."

    9) Virga, your dedication to this theme is nothing short of spectacular. I am blushing for you. Are you happy?

    10) Warm, complimentary colors. Happiness!

    11) Every little black dress deserves the fuzzy sash thing that has a name I don't know because I fail fashion forever.

    12) The only real downside to that design is that I bet it's hard to dance in.

    13) Lessee... purple? Check. Fishnet? Check. Completely pointless and frivolous belt? Check. Have you been spying on me?

    14) It's funny, I don't remember there being a camera there at that moment...

    15) Add audio track: squeeeee~

    16) *sputters incoherently*

    17) The pattern on this one is mesmerizing. I've lost fifteen minutes in the swirly bits.

    18) And just like that you removed all hint of sexuality from that dress design and replaced it with a grace I could never hope to achieve on my own. Thank you.

    19) Oh neat! Scroll dress! I'd totally buy one of those.

    20) Learning a new medium always feels like a step backward as you become comfortable with it. Stick with it, you're doing great!

    21) There's some electricity in this one. Also glitter sparkles. Shiny!

    22) Lyra colored dress? Lyra colored dress. And the transparency is amazing.

    23) I didn't even notice until I saw the colored version, but those little wing caps are adorable!

    24) Holy hay on toast, dude. That's pretty beyond reason.

    25) Serene and peaceful. Would have to be, getting a mane tied up like that must take hours!

    26) I feel unoriginal talking about it again, but I am really digging the color transition winding its way up the bindings on the slippers.

    27) That dress is looking very Rarity-esque. Can I pay it any higher compliment?

    28) Virga, Virga, Virga. Please tell me this was fun for you. In contrast to your last offering, I could totally pull this one off. Wheeee~

    *deep breath*

    Extra special thanks to kits for listening to a bit of offhand rambling on my part and turning it into this wonderful bonus event. And thanks to all of you for jumping to attention and following through. I haven't been anywhere near as involved as I would like to be, and it's really touching to see so much art like this even despite that. You're all wonderful students, and I remain as proud of you as I have ever been.

    *curls up, asleep on a pile of dresses*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phoe, you are a trooper. I doff my cap to you ma'am!
    And also; congratulations on becoming Equestria Daily's hard hitting investigative interview-pony :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Shiny' Phoe? Do I detect a Firefly fan? High-five!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I was a little late, and missed our uploader. Thanks for adding me after the fact Nullh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to all of these, Phoe! :D

    Also, I'm glad to find I still treasure a Phoe-comment now as much as I did in the ATG :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Virga Rainboom13 July 2011 at 13:45

    Yay! It's Phoe! Hi. :)
    Don't worry ponies, I'll keep my bubbling Pinkie-Pie joy for our beloved Phoe to a slow roil.

    >3) I've mentioned it to you already, but I absolutely adore that tail ornamentation. So pretty.

    Thanks. I am very pleased that you like it!

    >9) Virga, your dedication to this theme is nothing short of spectacular. I am blushing for you. Are you happy?

    Actually, I am. Very happy. Blushing Phoe is cute, sexy Phoe. :) I do have a question, "Are you blushing for me because you are embarrassed for my insanity, or because of the situation in which I drew you?"

    >18) And just like that you removed all hint of sexuality from that dress design and replaced it with a grace I could never hope to achieve on my own. Thank you.

    You are too kind, Princess. You are very welcome, believe me.

    >28) Virga, Virga, Virga. Please tell me this was fun for you. In contrast to your last offering, I could totally pull this one off. Wheeee~

    Yes! A lot of fun. I suddenly realized that your wings are for flying! I want to draw a really spectacular version of this. Please know that I really enjoy the fantasy of the whole G&PPP watching over her former students. I also appreciate the encouragement and good humor you display putting up with my nonsense.

    *sigh* Now I want to draw a picture of Phoe curled up all happy, cute and tiny in her huge pile of dresses.

    Take care, Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah a Phoe comment as well as some words by Nullh. Thanks, I do like the gradient as well.

    ReplyDelete