Monday 26 September 2011

Weekly Wrap Up 13

Well howdy, everypony! And welcome to your wrap-up for Week 13!

I have to admit, it's kinda nice not to be writing one of these while late on a Sunday night, staring down the barrel of Monday morning, hammering it out to be posted on time. Kind of relaxing, you know? Easier to write. :)

But that's not what you're here for, is it? No sir, you drew confused ponies (79 of them, this week!); and by Celestia, you wanna see some confused ponies! Especially since you've been made to wait most of a day while we got this organized for you.

Well, I don't blame you! The magnificent results of your hard work can be found below the break - go, and look upon them! Lunar ramblings are all that follow from here, and I will not be offended in the slightest if you decide to skip them.

(But you may think about at least giving them a quick once-over. I promise I've only got good things to say). ;)




So, with this week, we've officially been at this for three months. And those who've been in this since the NATG have reached four.

And I tell you what, it's been quite a ride so far.

In that time, I've seen all of you join up; some with more polished skills than others. But all of us shared something - we were newbies to drawing those adorable ponies that we'd come to love, and we'd all come here willing to learn.

And day after day, week after week, I've seen you all struggle and grow as artists. Getting faster, more confident. As you grasped hold of the basics, your own styles began to emerge and grow; each one unique, each one bringing something a little different to the table.


And it has been amazing.


I'm so proud of all of you! I proud that, week after week, you make the effort. I'm proud that you're all still trying to grow. I'm proud to see what you've all accomplished in what sounds like a long time - yet you all have helped it flash by in the blink of an eye.

I'm proud to be part of this community, and to have you all here with me. :)

Well done, everypony.

I'm excited to see where you go in the months to come - and I know I won't be disappointed. :)





1 TheParagon (Poor Trixie :( -Lunar Apologist)


2 FoxOFWar


3 UnderwaterPony (A CUPCAKE instead? The fiend! -Lunar Apologist)


4 UltraFamicom


5 JimTheCactus (And then Spike was no longer the #1 assistant. - Arcum)


6 KuroiTsubasaTenshi (Love the expression! -Lunar Apologist)


7 ErgoCogito


8 NikkuWalkanov (I want to give her a hug and make everything all better - Atlur)


9 SamuelEAllen (Of course Derpy the chaos would understand, to deal with her discord had not planned. - fetchbeer)


10 SportaTiffany (Always good to try out new poses - Atlur)


11 ElGatoRapido (Some really detailed hair you've got there! I like it :) -Lunar Apologist)


12 hanswurst10 (Though by something Twilight seems quite concerned, her worries are not shared by Applejack the liar turned. - fetchbeer)


13 NotAPonyUsername (She keeps some odd company - Atlur)


14 ErgoCogito


15 JunaECBS (Fluttershy has a hidden fury, which discord used to make her a bully. - fetchbeer)


16 RydelFox (This... is a very good question! -Lunar Apologist)


17 Errick


18 GiantMosquito (Spike has been dumped for a boulder, he could use a sympathetic shoulder. - fetchbeer)


19 KuroiTsubasaTenshi


20 BrainDps (She's been staring at two things far two long, when she sees just on somethings wrong. - fetchbeer)


21 ThisNameIsNotProfane


22 hanswurst10 (I wish we did get to see Rarity's first reaction to Tom being a boulder. - Arcum)


23 DI-FL (This pony seems disturbed by her dreams, as she sleeps she still hears screams. - fetchbeer)


24 Alipes (Don't eat that, Derpy! D: -Lunar Apologist)


25 TheMellowSide


26 JunaECBS (I always loved these. - Arcum)


27 041744 (Applejack keeps going by, as she shrinks away into her own eye. - fetchbeer)


28 brokenhero0409 (Is... is this implying what I think it is? ;) -Lunar Apologist)


29 Rhanoa (I'd not considered that, and it is an adorable idea - Atlur)


30 Otterlore (Derpy is strange when she looks straight ahead, and those underped eyes the others dread. - fetchbeer)


31 larrle


32 NotAPonyUsername


33 RyuuKiba (This pony with her alignment shifted, lets hope the change is not soon lifted. - fetchbeer)


34 MoonlightScribe


35 MoonlightScribe


36 MoonlightScribe (Poor Carrot Top does look confused, by Derpy's antics is she amused? - fetchbeer)


37 necrodios


38 hip-indeed


39 Whispatchet (This pony seems stuck in a foreign land, their trip it seems was not well planned. - fetchbeer)


40 KuroiTsubasaTenshi


41 AmbroseButtercrust (Where did this even come from? - Arcum)


42 Invidlord (I hope this sign his resurrection will deter, for I wouldn't want him again to stir. - fetchbeer)


43 Goggle Sparks


44 Philith


45 Atlur (What has startled poor little Twilight, did some pony come falling through her skylight? - fetchbeer)


46 first14


47 NME-NRG (Twilight is so cute in that style - Atlur)


48 FoxOFWar (When she see's the symbol she comes so quick, so those evil villains she can kick! - fetchbeer)


49 PineappleSam (I don't see chalk board ponies that often. I wish I saw more actually. - Arcum)


50 tg737


51 Argembarger (How did that pony get in that bowl, she must be secretly part mole. - fetchbeer)


52 DarkKnightWolf2011


53 Jdan-S ( I wub woo? Maybe? - Arcum)


54 Easteu (No longer will AJ be quite so aloof, she'll rule Equestria with an iron hoof! - fetchbeer)


55 NotAPonyUsername


56 yeld (Heck yeah Protoss! They would probably get along well with unicorns - Atlur)


57 SportaTiffany (Look into this ponies spiraling eyes, it won't take long for her to hypnotize.- fetchbeer)


58 demented-Mr-Paulsen (As long as Twilight doesn't turn around her idea of physics will stay in tact. - Arcum)


59 Sir-Dangereaux (This reminds me of Samurai Jack's intro! I can has Samurai Derpy spinoff? -Lunar Apologist)


60 Amehdaus (This pony has been transformed by a can of paint, though as a princess she has found restraint! - fetchbeer)


61 bluefiresword (Yeah My brain kinda derped after seeing that too. -Arcum)


62 RiokennG3 (Muffins all across the sky! - Atlur)


63 DarkKnightWolf2011


64 NME-NRG (I am just as confused as you are Derpy. - Arcum)


65 JeffMartinez


66 Naytree


67 LeafGrowth (Whoever wins, we lose - Atlur)


68 KUROGUAUGUAU


69 Chromadancer (This makes me wonder how long Applejack's nose would have been by the end of the seconds episode. - Arcum)


70 Delta-Pangaea (Yeah this seems like something that would happen in the IRC chat. - Arcum)


71 Wolferahm (The banjo? Are you mad!? - Arcum)


72 RaspleZS


73 Prismatic-Pretzel (Derpy's wings are muffin powered, I'd run from them for I am a coward. - fetchbeer)


74 TerribleTransit (I'm glad I never got a class like that. I wonder what the parents thought of those teaching methods. - Arcum)


75 Fox-E


76 thattagen (I wouldn't want to see that in a dark alleyway or ever in person. - Arcum)


77 Muffinsforever (Oh my! - Atlur)


78 ikillyou121 (I really like how well drawn the environment is here. - Arcum)


79 paulinaghost (So many questions. And I doubt the poor guy will ever get answers :( -Lunar Apologist)

7 comments:

  1. #47 and 64 (nice number, like Nintendo 64) here!

    47.- "Twilight is so cute in that style - Atlur"

    he he he, thnx! that was the second time I draw something in that style (the "Raritee" style)


    64.- "I am just as confused as you are Derpy. - Arcum"

    Everypony is confused about Screwball :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. #37 Oh my god. I don't even. No words. Holy shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #55 is a win. Deadhor5 and clopstep? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #76 is epic as shit. Who is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait is 76 supposed to be Twilight? that just became so much more awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. #61:
    Hooves are not bone. They are the equivalent of claws or finger/toe nails; which is to say, they share their physical makeup with that of hair. They need to be able to grow back since hooves would wear sown over time. It's also why horseshoes don't hurt the horse when they're being nailed into the hoof. So, with regards to the question, have you ever noticed how your fingernails get soft after bathing? It's kind of like that, although obviously it;s exaggerated to the extent that it's more like how fingers look when they get pruned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #9 checking in to shamelessly plug a recolor of my drawing from this week by Pj202718 on DeviantART. I'm sure he'd appreciate it if you'd check it out: http://pj202718.deviantart.com/art/What-In-Tarnation-Recolor-260024148

    Hard to believe it has been 4 months since we started this journey back on The Newbie Artist Training Grounds, but amazing that we're all still going strong as ever. Keep up the great work, everypony!

    ReplyDelete